Monday, July 29, 2013

Two-tone BLUE SEQUINS w/ Black & White TROUSERS


Bon aprés-midi everyone!
I hope you had a lovely weekend!

Here is one of many small clips of my next-to-last day in Chicago~ I'm in front of the bean here, trying to look as warm as possible.

Chicago really is the windy city. 
On this particular day, it wasn't the temperature that made it cold, but the blustering wind.
I had planned to wear a breezy pair of silk shorts but after sticking my arm out the window, I opted for a pair of trousers and a heavy, metallic, cropped top. 



This top is truly one of the loveliest additions to my "weighty" collection. 
There's something about heavy clothing that intrigues me. 
The hundreds of metallic sequins made me feel like I had strapped on a metal plate of armor; it made the top feel very regal and meticulously made. 

Not too far from the bean are a variety of ceramic pig sculptures made by artist Jun Kaneko.
I must admit, these pigs looked a bit sinister and tranced 
but once I saw those pouty bellies and gaped smiles, they became rather cute.





I decided to make this taking-pictures-next-to-pigs experience a bit more colorful and awkward before going to brunch.



Here is my appetizer: a chunky monkey frappucchino made of fresh bananas, coconut milk, coconut flakes and a bit o'chocolate!
Yes, this made it very difficult to save room for my actual meal...


Regardless, I was able to eat every last bite of my multi-grain fig walnut pancakes!


After brunch, I was off to the Art Institute of Chicago when I happened upon this tropical bus station!
Waiting under a tiki hut for the bus? Yeah I would!!!


This exhibit runs through September so I highly recommend those who find themselves in Chicago to go see it! It was worth every penny and has changed the way I perceive fashion in so many ways! 
I have certainly developed a new-found appreciation for the history and underlying meanings of each designer and individuals' fashion. 
I will cover much of what I've learned from this exhibit in a series of different future posts with commentary from a dear friend who studies Art History here at the University of Michigan and graciously gave me brief summaries of each Historical Period in Art whilst accompanying me on this exhibit!




After the museum was a small snack at a restaurant that has received showers of praise for their pork dishes, and with reason!
I ordered a fried egg, pork belly sandwich with some calamari on the side and it just took me away!


Their rendition of calamari was phenomenal! I always thought I was a fried-calamari kind of person but oh no, no, not anymore. 
This fresh Calamari with Fregula, Radishes, Cucumbers & Pistachios all tossed in a tangy lime vinaigrette has brought me out of the dark-fried side.


Need I say more...



After my very first Purple Pig experience 
and before the day began coming to an end, I headed down to Navy Pier for some dessert and a show.



A vanilla filled churro and some cirque Shanghai was the perfect way to wrap the night up.
I apologize for the lack of pictures. There was no photography allowed during the show~




But I did manage to take a picture of the Navy Pier following the show.
It was so bustly and enchanting, with the light from the lanterns, ferris wheel and what not.





I think it's safe to say that there is nothing more satisfying than walking around a lively city all day then laying your tired, aching legs down on a fluffy bed of fresh sheets.



Posting my last day in Chicago tomorrow!! 
Hope everyone has had a busy, productive, pooped-you-out Monday!

Thank you for reading!!

Outfit:
Top: AllSaints
Bottom: Zara (Purchase Bottom Here)
Bag: Chloe (Purchase Similar Here)
Shoes: French Sole (Purchase Shoes Here)
Accessories: Pandora bracelet

No comments :

Post a Comment