Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hummingbird Cake & Fig Vanilla Latte


Bon journée!!!
I was unable to take shoots yesterday because I had the most exciting finance exam this morning!
Although it has been a rather long morning, it's been a happy one 
from the minute I walked out of the test room!
All this beautiful, cool weather is giving Ann Arborians a spring to their step~
It's as though everyone's spirits have lifted 
because people are prancing rather than walking.

Anywho! 
I'd like to announce that I am leaving for Paris in a month and thus, 
must drive to Chicago tomorrow evening for my interview with the French Consulate.
Oy...Visa gobble gabber.


After my exam, I drove North to Songbird Cafe, got myself a hot fig vanilla latte, un morceau of hummingbird cake and sorted through the required documents for tomorrow.

I'm always the type to ask the nitty gritty questions about what's in my food. 
Although it sounds a bit like something only weight-conscious, health-nuts do, 
I've found that knowing the ingredients makes me that much more aware of the flavors when I take that first bite. It also helps me to decipher which ingredients I like or don't like.
For instance, I like mint/basil in my drinks but oregano in my rice and pasta. 
Simple flecks of flavor like that.

By the way,
the hummingbird cake had chopped pineapples, bananas, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and walnuts in it!



On another note, here is a children's clothing company called "C'est Chouette," which basically means "cool."
I just wanted to post these dresses because I wish I was a little girl again, wearing around couture, outlandish dresses that you can't wear as an adult without being stared at or having people question why you're dressing as Little Bo Peep.

Welp. That's enough of my ranting for now.
I hope you come back to read tonight's post!!
Have a lovely Wednesday~

No comments :

Post a Comment