Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tailored Tweed & Boyfriend Jeans


Allo everyone!!
I have truly been slacking on my blog posts..donc, firstly, i would like to apologize.
I will indeed make more of an effort to upload, 
at least, 
photos of the delicious foods I encounter here in Paris.

Now that i've established that,
i'd like to share my ensemble of the day---
It's rather casual, but where's the joy in style if not partially in comfort!?


I don't know about you guys, 
but when I think of comfort, my mind gears towards masculine silhouettes: 
boxy, straight lined overcoats, tastefully untailored pants, 
and clutches of sleek cherry-browned leather, which I think adds an aura of chic professionalism, 
similar to that of a beautiful briefcase.
This beauty of an overcoat was the perfect find. 
Made of warm wool, tweed and polished gold buttons, it balances the masculine style---
although it doesn't have a crisp, feminine silhouette, it still gives plenty of structure to compliment the body.

The jeans are equally as amazing. 
I'm rather picky about my denim, especially when it comes to comfort and their ability to stretch.
There's nothing worse that a tight pair of jeans that you can barely button up and have trouble breathing in. You may as well return back to the 19th century and strap on a corset.
No, no.
From the get-go, jeans were invented for practicality in the everyday lives of workers so we shouldn't expect any less of their capabilities today.
When I purchase jeans, they need to be soft to the touch, which is why I usually stay within the same circle of brands: Se7en, Madewell, Burberry and Masion Scotch.

I added the final touch of a bright mustard scarf to complete the autumn tone of the look.


All in all, I was a happy camper, properly dressed for a spontaneous stroll through the park.


Here's a quick glimpse of Bois de Boulogne on the Western edge of Paris.


There's always something so enchanting about parks or forests during this post-autumn, pre-winter period. The colorful autumn scenery mixed with the brisk, chill of the winter air easily makes it a place of reminiscence....inspiration.


Throw in a few playgrounds and let it bring out the inner-child in you ;)


I hope everyone finds that perfect winter coat to befriend! A coat that doubles for more formal occasions in addition ta vie quotidienne is also something to consider!
To each her own!

Until next time!

Outfit:
Coat: Pablo
Bottom: Maison Scotch
Accessories: Fossil clutch, Essentiel scarf
Shoes: French Sole


No comments :

Post a Comment